Clerk Treasurer Christopher Fugate...
Clerk Treasurer Christopher Fugate was sworn in for his first term in 2016.
Clerk Treasurer Duties and Responsibilities...
The Austin, Indiana Clerk Treasurer is elected every four years at the same time as the City Mayor and City Council. The Clerk-Treasurer is responsible for the overall collection and disbursement of funds, the administration of the accounting system, the signing of checks, the city seal, and serves as the investment coordinator for the municipal treasury. The Clerk-Treasurer also oversees payroll and accounts payable and serves as clerk of the Common Council and Board of Public Works and Safety by attending meetings, preparing agendas and recording proceedings.
The Clerk Treasurer’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining all City records;
- All City funds;
- Maintaining fixed asset records for the City;
- Attending and recording minutes of the Common Council and Board of Public Works meetings;
- Preparing and filing legal notices, budgets, ordinances and resolutions;
- Annual audits by the State Board of Accounts;
- City and utility financial statements;
- Pays all City taxes (i.e. payroll, gross income, and sales taxes);
- All revenues collected by the City and the utilities;
- Responsible for all expenditures for the City and the utilities;
- Maintains and coordinates all computer-technology needs to perform duties;
- Utility billing, city invoicing, processing and verifying purchase orders.